OFFICIAL RULES OF THE 2015 YOSEMITE PINES RV RESORT AND FAMILY LODGING PHOTO CONTEST
IMAGE SPECIFICATIONS: Submitted photos must be uploaded as JPEG with minimum file sizes of 2MB. Any photos that do not meet these minimum specifications may be eliminated from voting at the discretion of the SPONSOR. SPONSOR may request a higher resolution copy of the image via email to make entrant eligible to win when the photo is received by SPONSOR.
Official SPONSOR is Yosemite Pines RV Resort and Family Lodging, 20450 Old Highway 120, Groveland, CA 95321.
HOW TO ENTER:
(1) Entrants must follow the Yosemite Pines RV Resort and Family Lodging Facebook page by first "liking" the page.
(2) Entrants must have and submit a valid email address and by submitting an email address you are opting in to receive occasional email correspondence from the sponsor. Email lists will not be shared or sold under any circumstances.
(3) Entrants must visit the Yosemite Pines RV Resort and Family Lodging Facebook page and upload original photographs depicting (a) a stay at Yosemite Pines RV Resort and Family Lodging or (b) A visit to the Yosemite National Park or Groveland areas. Entrants are allowed to upload one different photo per day per email address.
(4) Entries must be uploaded during the official ENTRY PERIOD that is Monday, June 22nd, 2015 to Friday July 17th, 2015. Administrator's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Photo contest.
(5) Submitting photographers retain copyrights to the original photographs, but by uploading a photo, photographers are releasing the photos to the SPONSOR and any third party marketing firms for the expressed electronic and print marketing use for an unlimited time period by Yosemite Pines RV Resort and Family Lodging. No compensation for these works, other than the prizes awarded to the 2015 Yosemite Pines RV Resort and Family Lodging Photography Contest Winners will be given for any photo submitted. If winning photos include images of individuals, photographers must submit an image release that will be transmitted to the winner by the SPONSOR, to allow images to be used in advertising. Image release must be received by the sponsor for prize to be awarded. Failure to submit release in 14 days will result in prize being awarded to the next selected photographer, deemed by voting and judging results.
(6) Winners will be determined through a combination of number of votes of the general public and the choices of a professional Photo Editor designated by Yosemite Pines RV Resort and Family Lodging. It may be possible that the photo receiving the highest number of public votes is not chosen as a winner, as judged for photographic quality by the Editor. Voting ends July 20, 2015.
(7) Any photos deemed inappropriate for family viewing will be rejected from voting and photographers disqualified from the contest. Such images include full or partial nudity, sexual scenes, heavy drinking or drug use, or any other scene deemed inappropriate by the SPONSOR.
(8) FIRST PLACE = 2 night stay in a Luxury Cabin, sleeps 8; SECOND PLACE = 2 night stay in a Premium Cabin, Sleeps 4; THIRD PLACE = 2 night stay in a Deluxe Cabin, Sleeps 5.
Reservations for the cabins and cottages are subject to availability, and the value of the free stay cannot be used for existing reservations or combined with any other offers or discounts. Winner will receive gift certificate in the mail and reservations must be made by phone to 209-962-7690. Gift certificate must be presented at check-in and has no cash value.
(9) Winning photographers will be notified by email. Names and winning photographs will be posted on the Yosemite Pines RV Resort and Family Lodging Facebook page and the Yosemite Pines website. Winners will receive a Gift Certificate for the amount corresponding with your place, which can be used at Yosemite Pines RV Resort and Family Lodging between August 1, 2015 and July 31st, 2016, subject to availability and excluding special events and holidays.
BY ENTERING THE PHOTO CONTEST, YOU, ("PARTICIPANT") AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH FORM A CONTRACT. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITY OBLIGATIONS ON THE PART OF PARTICIPANT AND A LIMITATION OF PARTICIPANT'S RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
(10) ELIGIBILITY: The Yosemite Pines RV Resort and Family Lodging (the "PHOTO CONTEST") is open only to individuals at least 13 years of age in the country in which they reside as of the date of entry. Employees of Yosemite Pines RV Resort and Family Lodging (hereinafter "Sponsor/Administrator") as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such household are not eligible. Participation constitutes Participant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's/Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Photo contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
(11) PROMOTION PERIOD: The contest begins on or about 2 p.m. (Pacific time) JUNE 22, 2015 and ends at 3 p.m. (Pacific time) on JULY 17, 2015 (“Contest Period").
(12) HOW TO ENTER:
(a) Facebook entries will be accepted June 22, 2015 – July 17, 2015. If you are not already a member of Facebook, you can create an account at www.facebook.com; creating an account is free. Once you have a Facebook account, go to www.facebook.com/YosemitePinesRVResort, complete the online entry form in its entirety and click on the register button. There will be one (1) entry per person, per email address per day. Multiple Participants are not permitted to share the same Facebook profile. Any attempt by any Participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different profiles, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that Participant's entry and that Participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the Facebook profile used to register will be deemed to be the Participant. The authorized account holder is the natural person assigned an email address connected with the Facebook profile by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential recipient may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
(15) LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Participants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Photo contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Photo contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Photo contest or the processing of orders; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Participant's participation in the Photo contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
(16) GENERAL CONDITIONS: (a) Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Photo contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond its reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Photo contest, as determined by Administrator in its sole discretion. Sponsor, in conjunction with Administrator, reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Photo contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Photo contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Headings in this Agreement are for convenience only and shall not be used to construe the terms of this Agreement.
(17) Participant to release, discharge, indemnify and agree to hold harmless Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, agents and representatives and all their respective employees, officers and directors (individually and collectively "Releases") from any liability or responsibility whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages (whether due to negligence or otherwise) of any kind (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss of or destruction of property, or rights of publicity or privacy), arising out of or in connection with the promotion or from their acceptance, possession, or misuse of any prize, or participation in the promotion or any promotion related activity or travel related activity.
(18) DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, Participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Photo contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Photo contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Participant and Sponsor or Administrator in connection with the Photo contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Further, any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Photo contest, or any prize awarded, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
(20) SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: Yosemite Pines RV and Family Lodging, 20450 Old Highway 120, Groveland, CA 95321 (209) 962-7690
(21) NOT AFFILIATES: Any names or marks of third party products used in association with this Photo contest are the property of their respective owner. Third party trademark owners do not endorse, sponsor and are not otherwise affiliated with this Photo contest.
Yosemite cabin rentals make a trip to one of America's best-loved National Parks a true getaway. Rather than the cold, impersonal, and generally generic atmosphere of a hotel or motel chain, Yosemite cabins are wonderfully diverse. Each Yosemite cabin rental has something special to offer to individuals, couples, travel groups, and especially families. Yosemite cabins are a favorite with Mom, Dad, and the kids for one simple reason: they're always fun! Many vacations are completely weather-dependent - if it rains at the beach, you're just stuck. But when you bunk in a Yosemite cabin, it doesn't matter what the weather may be. There's still lots to see and do right outside the door - and inside the cabin, too!
Tucked inside cozy Yosemite cabin rentals, it's easy to change a dreary, rainy day into the best day of your vacation. Yosemite cabins are already filled with all kinds of amenities - including cookware, linen, sports equipment, and games, for example - so all you really need is a little creativity to enjoy yourself. But with a little simple advance planning and a few take-along items from home, Yosemite cabins can be transformed into anything you want them to be, from an art museum to a theatre to a gourmet restaurant or a mini Las Vegas! Artists in the group can create sketches and drawings. Budding musicians can compose a new song or put new words to an old favorite to express how they feel.
Yosemite cabins just naturally spark creativity. Bring papers and pencils so kids can make boats, pinwheels, and airplanes to float, spin, or fly when the weather is nicer. Yosemite cabins are also perfect settings for telling stories and presenting little 'plays' using people or puppets. Another nice thing about a rainy day when you're staying in Yosemite cabins is that it provides the perfect excuse to start vacation scrapbooks or journals. When no one is racing around to go and see all the wonders of Yosemite, the family can get together to preserve memories.
Rain is not the enemy and it doesn't have to be an unwelcome guest when you're staying in Yosemite cabins. Instead, you can invite the bad weather in and make rain a friend of the family! Add a book on local weather conditions to your packing list. Then, if the skies open up, you can think of Yosemite cabin rentals as temporary laboratories where the mystery of rain can be revealed. Family members can talk, laugh and bond as they watch together firsthand how rain affects plants, animals, and the environment. They can also learn safety information. Safe inside Yosemite cabins, parents can teach children about how to recognize storm conditions, what to do when severe weather hits, etc.
As the day wears on and children's energy builds up, Yosemite cabins make it easy to take a short rainy day hike to beat 'cabin fever.' At a hotel or motel, children generally have to go down a long corridor, take an elevator ride, walk through the lobby, and end up in front of the building, standing under an awning looking at the rain. With Yosemite cabin rentals, fresh air (even if there's no sunshine) is right outside.
Yosemite Valley lodging is always the 'in spot' because fun is in-season 365 days a year! California's 'gift of nature' is constantly changing, and many love Yosemite best during the warm summer months. In July and August, Yosemite lodging hosts families on summer vacations. The park is a happy destination for kids and adults eager to escape the heat by rafting on a river or sitting in the cool shade of giant Sequoias.
But when the weather outside is frightful, many people find Yosemite Valley lodging delightful! Because despite the fact that many of the roads in the park close due to heavy snow in winter; Yosemite Valley is open all year long and Yosemite lodging is, too.. At 4,000 feet, Yosemite Valley's winter temperatures are relatively mild - 26 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit, even in February. The unpredictable weather makes winter an excellent time for photography in Yosemite Valley. Stormy clouds hang over the cliffs and valley floor like cotton balls creating spectacular shots that make amateur shutterbugs feel like pros.
There's more good news. Yosemite lodging comes in many price ranges, but it is especially affordable during the winter months. Winter is considered "off-season" and Yosemite Valley lodging costs dip right along with the mercury. In general, there are fewer people visiting and rooms - especially during midweek - are available on very short notice. This makes Yosemite lodging options a perfect choice for people with flexible travel plans. They can take advantage of last-minute airfare specials and get a great rate on Yosemite lodging.
Yosemite lodging may host fewer human guests than usual when there's snow on the ground, but there is an abundance of wildlife to be seen. Deer, raccoons, coyotes, and mule are common. And when winter robs Yosemite trees of their leaves, it's possible to see bears outside their caves - their own version of Yosemite Valley lodging!
You can't say "Winter in Yosemite" without talking about the winter sports scene there. Elite athletes and amateurs share Yosemite Valley lodging, and both groups take advantage of Yosemite's deeply discounted winter sports packages that combine lifts, equipment rentals and (for novices) instruction in skiing and snowboarding. The Badger Pass Ski Area, about a 40-minute drive from Yosemite Valley lodging, is California's original ski area. The Pass's gentle slopes and the quiet backdrop of Yosemite in winter have made this area a traditional destination for generations of holiday travelers throughout California.
Although most of Yosemite Valley's lodging goes to ski enthusiasts in winter, skating under the amazing shadow of Glacier Point and the world-famous Half Dome monolith has brought winter visitors to the Park for more than 70 years. The outdoor rink at Curry Village is the perfect skating spot on a starry night and inexpensive rentals make it easy to spontaneously join the fun. Or if you prefer, settle in beside a crackling fire with something warm to drink and watch the skaters glide by.
Winter in Yosemite Valley is whatever you want it to be - as long as you want it to be fun!
Yosemite cabins are as popular today as they were more than 100 years ago when the park was founded. Without a doubt, Yosemite cabins are perhaps the most popular accommodations in the park. Many visitors choose Yosemite cabins so that they can be close to nature. You only need to rent a Yosemite Park cabin once to understand why people from all over the world call Yosemite cabins their favorite "home away from home." And while it's true that most overnight visitors come from far away, many 'locals' rent Yosemite cabins to escape the hustle and bustle of cities such as San Francisco, San Diego, and Los Angeles.
Yosemite cabins make a perfect starting point for a wide variety of adventures when the temperatures are warm and the sun is high in the sky. Anglers can take advantage of excellent stream and lake fishing. And nothing tastes better than preparing the catch of the day yourself - and you can do just that in Yosemite cabins! The water has plenty to offer non-fishers, too. Leave your Yosemite cabin early to rent a canoe, paddle-boat, or rowboat. Or, take out a small outboard in the afternoon or evening. When it's time to dry off at day's end, Yosemite cabins say "Welcome home" with friendly warmth that you won't find anywhere else.
Yosemite cabins are also warm and cozy when there's a chill in the air and snow on the ground. Yosemite cabins are the #1 choice of skiers and their families because they make apres-ski time such a pleasure. Yosemite cabins take the worry out of driving long distances in bad weather. Instead of faraway lodging in a non-descript hotel or motel, Yosemite cabins put you 'up close and personal' with everything that makes this National Park one of America's favorite vacation destinations. Wherever your Yosemite cabin is located, you can be assured of a winter wonderland just outside your door.
Yosemite cabins are packed with the amenities and 'special extras' that turn a simple vacation into a glorious holiday. Although many Yosemite cabins are quite rustic, others provide a surprisingly level of luxury. Lavishly equipped kitchens are one popular feature of Yosemite cabins. Unlike the Park's original buildings, these Yosemite cabins come fully loaded' with modern conveniences such as dishwashers and generous collections of pots, pans, and utensils. Coffee lovers are especially pleased with most Yosemite cabins where coffee makers AND coffee grinders are usually 'standard issue.'
Yosemite cabins feature a wide variety of architectural design and detail. Some have outdoor decks with a table, chairs, and sun umbrella, as well as a grill for outdoor barbequing. Ideally suited to family getaways, Yosemite cabins are so spacious that many allow everyone to have their own room - at no additional cost. Since people come to Yosemite to play, may Yosemite cabins have playrooms that can be enjoyed by children and adults.
What you won't find are televisions and video games. What you will find are pool tables, board games, ping-pong paddles, and a variety of unique activities that will create memories that will last a lifetime.
Yosemite lodging is what the guidebooks call it, but kids call the campgrounds, rv parks and rustic accommodations of one of America's best-loved vacation destinations "a little slice of heaven". And no wonder! Lodging in Yosemite National Park delivers everything a kid (of any age) could want: a sense of the old, a taste of the new, and the thrill of something completely unexpected waiting to be discovered. Open the door, pull back the tent flap, turn in any direction and you're face-to-face with one of the world's most kid-friendly landscapes.
Yosemite lodging doesn't have something that you might expect: reception. As a result, it's difficult to use telephones and radios, and the only place that TVs can be found are at one of the Park's hotels. Fortunately, the same thing that makes it difficult to stay in touch with the 'outside' world is what helps kids get in touch with the world around them. Yosemite Park lodging options, especially campgrounds and R/V parks, help young travelers uncover a completely new definition of "fun". Disconnected from electronics and technology, they develop an appreciation for nature and nuture the ability to find pleasure in simple things - lingering long after a vacation in Yosemite ends.
Yosemite Park lodging offers something else kids' crave: quality family time. With both parents working in many households, opportunities for everyone to be together are often few and far between. Camping provides an inexpensive alternative to the vacations many families would like to take but cannot afford. Kids and parents alike enjoy being able to kick back and relax as a family, with no distractions - and none of the day-to-day problems of home life to get in the way of a good time.
Yosemite Park lodging even makes mom and dad feel like kids again. Carefree - at least as far as money is concerned! You can go the deluxe route when you visit Yosemite, of course. But Yosemite lodging is so varied and diverse that almost any family can find a budget- friendly option - and a destination that kids can look forward to visiting again and again - maybe even dreaming of the day they'll bring kids of their own.
Yosemite Park lodging is perfect for "city kids" who may not be used to the wilderness. They can get a healthy taste of the wilderness experience without having to rough-it too much. Comfortable RV parks and campsites rich in amenities and creature comforts make Yosemite lodging a nice place to come home to at the end of a child's busy day.
For kids more comfortable with rough-and-tumble activities, Yosemite lodging is an ideal home base for favorite activities such as biking and river rafting. Horseback riding is especially popular with teens. Guided scenic rides depart from and return to stables in Yosemite Valley, Wawona and Tuolumne Meadows - each one in close proximity to different Yosemite National Park lodging choices.
From a child's perspective, simple experiences are often the most meaningful Sitting around a campfire is one of the best forms of entertainment that parents and kids can enjoy, and an experience to be remembered and savored for a lifetime. Yosemite is the perfect place for young imaginations to soar along with the mountains.